UThukela OSS Cabinet Day - 25 April 2018
Bethany area, Ward 15
1. High rate of crime in the area including rape issues, murder and stealing of cars.
Recommendations: The Municipality is already having meetings with the SAPS commissioner and they have decided to hand the matter over to Department of Defence for assistance.
2. High rate of school drop -outs emanating from teenage pregnancy at Thokoza High School.
Recommendations: Social Development to deal with matter.
3. HIV & Aids infections are at a high level & affecting the community.
Recommendations: The Bethany Wellness Centre was built for that same reason to minimise such issues & assist the contractors in overcoming them.
Duration: 2 Weeks (centre will be complete by then.)
4. Issue of unemployment is affecting the community.
Recommendations: They request the government together with the Municipality to increase projects in the area that will promote the community & assist with employment.
5. No Higher Institution in the area.
Recommendations: Infrastructure Planning from DoE to look into the matter.
Duration: 3 months
6. Roads leading to the community is gravel. Roads become muddy when it rains & difficult to drive through.
Recommendations: Transport to Communicate with the Municipality since its their responsibility to fix the road whereas the community except the roads to be fixed by the Municipality.
Duration: 60 Days.